Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Songs I've Written

----------------------------

"Speak Of The Devil"

a song:

1)
Where do you go
when you're not with me?
Who do you see
when you're not seeing me?
Who do you smile at
with those eyes... that I
wish I never knew?

2)
Who grew the flowers
in the vase on your table?
Who props your pillow
and strokes all your moods?
Who is the one
you stare off in the distance to?
Who is the one
you leave here for?

Chorus:
I weave a little token
a blanket made of smoke
as the colors touch each other
I remember
the fire

3)
Who do I run to
when the road leads black?
Where do I surface
when hell freezes over?
Bleeding out passions
that I knew
once
Well... speak of the devil
Sphere of the devil
oh Babe it's you


---------------------------

"I Fall For You"

a song:

1)
You could have had my soul for free
Never needed to pay
just to be here with me.
You always had a way
Roses for breakfast
and sleeping 'til noon
You...
me with you.

2)
You ask me how my life
could decay this way.
You never realized it was you
who
brought me to
this place
this place

Break:
I fall in love each time
I smell roses in June
I think of you
I remember your eyes
when the wind blows free
each time
your eyes on mine.
But this time
you left crumbs on the bed
and half filled glasses
of the cheapest wine
me
and the wine
left behind
with the things you said
I was hoping
I was hoping
you never meant.
Your eyes
I fall in love each time.

------------------------


"Neon Blue"

1) She seemed a walking wound,
a howl inside the moon.
Her colors mingled to an empty space,
a silent shattered tune.
Such plans amoung us,
we hardly recognized,
our host of bright lights,
had passed and left her prime.

Chorus:
Do you want to dance 'til noon
and fly across the moon?
Do you want to dance 'til noon
and follow Neon Blue?

And she cried Hold me,
hold me 'til my final hour.
Hold me,
hold me through the night.

2) My teeth chatter,
a warm day cold,
and in a moment,
just for comfort,

I reach for anything old
and hold it close,
all those sentimental tunes of Neon Blue.
------------------------
"Miles Away"

a song:

Chorus: It rains miles away, miles and miles away
It rains miles away, miles and miles away

1)
I don't want to steal your dreams away.
I don't want my presence to intrude...
on you.
I used a compass to find this place.
I used the moon to guide me through
your moods.
You say...
you're only miles away.

2)
She smiled and said, "Well yes I know,
there's an element that seems to grow,
in all of us.
I think you've learned
to talk very far.
You give the feeling that your sorrow never ends,
but it's not as if the rain didn't fall here too,
when it fell on you."

Chorus

3)
There is an element of conscience,
that keeps blowing thru cool winds,
and I think if you don't stop to listen,
I might lose before I win.
New things are hard to handle.
It's unclear of what's to gain,
But after all
its' like you say
you're only miles away.

Chorus

-----------------------
"It Smells Like Silence"

a song:

1)
It smells like silence
The kind where no one cares
Your clothes are filled with the fragrance
of someone who left
If I wash them for you
will the memories be removed?
Or has all the fighting
that suffocates the loving
worn the deeper groove?

2)
It smells like silence
and isn't silence cold?
the ribbons have unraveled
no future to hold
A hint of life discarded
you packed and sent away
tidy little sentiments
of warmer days

Break:
I suppose I could wash these clothes
and no one will ever know
Only you ... for the fragrance will be gone
But then there's all that silence left behind
miles of better dreams and saner songs
mingled with the scenes of loveless eyes

It smells like silence
the kind where no one cares.

--------------------------------------

"Mystie"

a song:

1)
There are places
that you've never been to
There are spaces
where you'll never go
There are passions
waiting to be lived yet
Mystie I know

chorus:
Mystie I know (four times in background)
When the rain falls
cold on my shoulder
Mystie I know (three times)

2)
Vacant eyes hold
tears that rest silent
faces scatter
a child needs to grow
and the wounded
continue their struggle
Mystie I know

chorus

"I Grasp A Circle"

(a song)

I touch the wind inside my eyes
I grasp a circle and I hold it tight
I close the door
and I form a simple key
to keep me in here
and you
out there

If there are other circles to the day
better memories on display
will you help me
to unwind them?
I'm bound to see them
don't you think
If I ponder on the moment long enough

Does time cease
do memories?

You may not use my memories
You may not misconstrue
because as they're unfolded
they are me
of course
and not you

*******************************************
---------------------
"Princess Hurry"

On this night
She took her eyes from the clear flight
buried her dreams in a sons light
wrapped up in patriots marching.

Approaching
the turbulent sound of a peace dove
handed her fate with a white glove
that hastily captured the moment.

....Hurry ....... hurry...

And truly
white doves were made to be trusted
stories were meant to be ended
she had her cause
she pretended

Her dreams
focused on whole hearted ventures
always her lover would enter
climb up the mountain
and take her.

.....Hurry.... hurry .....

I think
clouds should be noticed as dark signs
.... no time to waste
....so I'll....
......hurry
climb to the mountain
no time to waste
....hurry

Chorus:

(in soft voices in the background... continual)
No time to waste so I'll rescue the Princess
Hurry...... hurry

------------------------
"Without Blinking"

Last night I dreamed it
I hope it's not true
the shelter for many
had grown to quite few
No resting spaces
and no quiet time
they're closing up our borders
and standing by their lines
hoping the few who're left standing
will die
in little time

Oh my God
we're killing thousands
without thinking at all
Oh my God
we're killing thousands
without blinking

Some people have no faces
they live with withered hearts
they sing "Amazing Grace" only
because they know their parts

In a hungry lost world
it's not enough to say
I go to church on Sundays
and before I eat I pray
-----------------------
" Till Time Is Right"

a song:

1)
We sat at the kitchen table
as her tears most freely fell.
She said she'd like to tell me
of a friend she'd never met.
Her husband had left years ago
upon her own request.
but since that time she's been alone
and alone is a lonely plan.

Chorus:

'Till time is right
'till time is right
we only have one life to live
but still the rules apply.
We'll wait
'till the time is right

2)
She had spied a stranger
while sitting in the sun.
The moment that their eyes locked
she felt her soul
undone.
A friend had planned a dinner
to introduce their lives.
Formal invitations
she waited
'till the time was right.

3)
One night she was out driving
along a lone ravine.
A car crash did seem suspect
a car that she had seen.
And when she called
and asked her friend
if what she feared was true
she said that yes..
he left a note to say
I'm lonely too.

Bridge:

Who knows why or when we'll meet again.
If we'll crawl or if we'll fly.
But I know one thing
that's clear
fell from my mother's eyes.

------------------------

"Where to Begin'

a song:

Complex emotions
tight fisted seas
turn around
be found
in a circle of hostilities.
Up in the air
no one cares
be free.. to be
anywhere.

I can't tell you all that you need to know to do
but I can tell you that the road goes through.
I can tell you what I mean
from my soul.
I can tell you
and you need to know...

So I can breath... again.

I fell in... to where to begin.
I fell in... to start again.

I need to breath... again.

Hand me those pages of notes
that I've told you.
Tell me the story.. though old.
I fell in
to the path overgrown
I fell in
to where to begin.

I need to breath... again.

--------------------------

"Kuamoo Road"

a song:

There is a man who waits
at the stem of Kuamoo Road
and he is waiting
for his life
to begin.

There is a woman who sits in the dark
and she drinks all alone,
she is waiting for
her life
to end.

I stand alone
in shadows
and I sketch out their frames
sitting near
in the secret
of disguise.

I'll be a lilac
be at least a petal
or an amaranth
in their wake
I will treasure all
the lessons found
as I fly
so very far away.

Feb. 2000
Imperial Beach, CA

------------------------

"Break Not Your Heart"

a song:

1)
There will be times
and treasures I've known,
there will be rivers
melted from snow.

2)
There will be dreams
attached to autumn leaves,
there will be springtime
and reasons to flee.

Chorus:

And break not your heart
hold back the wounds
however inflicted
they were not meant for you.

3)
There will be seas
only airplanes and ships adorn
there will be silence
for a sorrow too worn.

4)
There will be sighs
as the ruler points wrong
yet... there will be comfort
in the rainbow of song.

Chorus

Break:

Time passes by
I plot to hear you call
and yet I know why
and have accepted it all.

Chorus

1996 Kauai

----------------------------

"Gecko Song"

1)
Gecko gecko on the ceiling
waiting for that special feeling. Turned his head and he smiled at me
as I lied down and watched TV.
Then he gave a little sigh
as he dropped his do do in my eye.

Chorus:
Isn't that the way things go (2 times)

2)
I watched a man walk past my window
head turned down
he was on the go.
He never looked up
to view the sky
but he'll never know do do
in his eye.

He'd say,

Chorus:
Isn't that the way things go (2 times)

Heads up, stand up, get in line
move out, get out, watch the signs.
If you move through life
and ignore the view
you'll never know
what geckos do

Say now,

Chorus:
Isn't that the way things go (2 times)

--------------------------

"So Goes The Time"

a song:

Dreams encircle my mind

live up to promises

stolen by time... take back the time

when dreams were young and you were mine.

Slide into shadow and waves

remembered by some

some.... who were young

remember the time, remember the time?

chorus:

Cherish the simple

the mood in my stead

reach out to love songs

stroking your breath.

I will be there

in all that you do

in all that you dream

and don't follow thru.

Dreams collide or abide

testing their way

some... will decay

but I... I miss you, the closeness of you.

A blow delivered by fate

she smiles and eyes know

and dance...to the rhymes

but I...will always remember the time, the time.

And so goes the time

so goes the time

and so goes the time.

-------------------------

"In You"

a song:

1)
In you... I saw a vision fleeting by,
no tale nor reason to de-nigh
a dream so dim
yet waiting to begin.

2)
In you...the ships could sail behind your eyes
encase a world or hasten time.
The color blue...in you
casts another hue.

3)
And you... escaped my grasp
I cannot tell
If all is lost I wish you well
another time
where stories never rhymed.

4)
In you... I saw a vision fleeting by
in songs, in notes, in passers by,
a stories end
no longer to pretend
in you.
------------------


No comments: